Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Singapore and Port Kelang

Monday, April 30 - Singapore. We had no tour booked here and since we missed shopping in Hong Kong with our late arrival back from our Great Wall tour we decided to just wing this port. We were docked at the Harbour Front Cruise Centre which had two large malls attached. We got off the ship and browsed around a bit and met one of the ship’s photographers. We all decided to take a taxi into the city to visit Lim Sim Centre - the electronics shopping area. We bought a couple more portable hard drives and then I decided to look at the new camera I’ve had my eye on… bargain -bargain- bargain… it did end up following me home. It was less than US price, but I still wonder if I could have gotten it for less. Then it was back to the ship.

The next day we were docked in Port Kelang, Malaysia. We choose not to do one of the tours into Kaula Lampor and instead did a tour that included a stop at a traditional house and stops at a Mosque and Palace and little India. The house was quite large as the family uses it for a bed and breakfast at times. The surrounding yard area was entirely turned into a tropical garden filled with orchids - great photos, but the temp was over 90 and the humidity about the same… way too much for me! If it were a bit cooler or maybe less humid I would have loved to spend a week there. The Mosque and Palace were just quick photo stops but we had a little time for shopping in Little India - I actually made a couple purchases there!

Now we have two sea days until Andaman Island for my back to recover a bit… and to study my new camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment