Monday, April 6, 2009

Random Thoughts

  • Our Cabin steward has developed a new personality; he is happy and cheerful. Is he (or his boss) reading this blog?
  • The Princess Captain’s Circle (past passenger) benefits seem to be the best of any of the cruise lines we have been on. The free laundry and many free internet minutes have been wonderful on this cruise. Toting a bag of dirty laundry to the launderette doesn’t look like fun to me.
  • The little 9x6 inch computer I bought for this trip has been wonderful. The WiFi onboard is very good in most all locations including our cabin and the computer is small and light enough to just drop in my bag to carry ashore. A drawback is that it’s awfully tiny to look at my photos, but then I’m used to my 21” monitor at home for that.
  • The ocean is endlessly fascinating. From glass-smooth to crashing waves I love to watch it. “Sea-critters” are fun to look for; one afternoon we sat on the balcony watching about a half dozen birds for an hour. They would fly along side our balcony working their way up higher and closer to the bow. All of a sudden they would come diving down to water level trying to catch a flying fish. We actually did see a couple of these birds catch a fish, then it would fly away from the ship and land in the water. We presumed they were eating the fish and then they would rejoin the hunt. Considering the length of this cruise, we haven’t seen a lot of “critters”. Early on there were some whales and we’ve seen dolphins about 5 times and flying fish almost every day.
  • Trivia became less fun when one team started bringing books to challenge the answers. Good heavens these are games - if you win you get a little green voucher. You can cash in the vouchers for things like a tote bag or a baseball cap. Wow that’s something to get all worked up about.
  • I’ve received a number of emails lately asking if we are still enjoying it and if we would do another one. Yup, we are still enjoying it and YES, if I another one came along at a good enough price I’d do it without question.
  • I’m going to get questions about who would I recommend do a world cruise. The answer is anyone that has the time and money and wants to experience many different countries and cultures in one cruise - the caveat would be that you would have to be comfortable with many sea days.

No comments:

Post a Comment