Tuesday, February 3, 2009

At Sea

Satellite reception is very spotty. I’ll post as I can hit it.

This morning when we woke up at 7:30 (late for us) the sunrise was just beginning and the sea was like glass. We are still on East coast time; after Easter Island we will do 5 time changes in 7 days. That should mix everyone up pretty good… is it called ship-lag instead of jet-lag?? The water is truly like glass - I can’t believe we are in the middle of the Pacific. I hope it isn’t the calm before the storm.

Not too much to report today except with the addition of 3 more people we won the trivia contest yesterday afternoon. People seemed a little put out that the smokers won. Actually they seem put out that we exist. There are only a couple designated smoking areas on the ship; one in a sheltered area by the pool and another up in the Royal lounge (where trivia is held). We haven’t had any problems, but several of our friends are telling of people making extremely rude statements even when they are sitting in the smoking areas.

Oh, I found out that the lady that lives onboard is the Godmother. Wouldn’t that be the life?… she gets it all free!! I wonder how I can become a Godmother? One of the cruise lines (I think it was RCCL) did make a travel agent a Godmother for one of their recent ships. They ran a contest; the agent that won was heavily involved in a number of charities. I remember reading her story - it was a good choice.

This is a good place to say thank you to Michelle. She’s been working her tail off with a couple clients I had to pass to her when I left.

2 comments: